[Zope] Question about logins?

Zachery Bir zbir@urbanape.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:45:53 -0400

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 02:52:08PM -0500, Steven Grimes wrote:
> I have a situation where I need to be able to programmatically add users to
> the ACL_Users on three different Zope machines running three different apps.
> I don't think Zeo will work for this because they all run different apps.
> (Please correct me if I'm wrong here) Specifically what I'm trying to do is
> write a management interface on one of the Zope machines that will add
> permissions in certain databases(got this part working) and to add the user
> to ACL_USERS on the three different Zope machines. I have successfully
> written code to add a user to the current machine. What I need is a anyway
> to access the acl_users.manage_users() method on a different Zope machine.
>
> I've been reading the email archive for hours now and can't seem to find a
> solution to my problem.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are your three Zope machines using the same Roles? If so, why not use
LoginManager and store the entire user store in one database that all
three can contact for authentication?

Zac

--
$name="zachery bir";                       $email="zbir@urbanape.com";
$position="systems administrator";        $altposition="witch doctor";