INSTALLATION NIGHTMARE => was {Re: [Zope] Problem accessing Zope Management Interface}

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 21:44:21 -0400

Sorry I cannot help you directly..

But I am very happy to see that Ethan just posted to the list with a
possible fix:

http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/47ba74c812dbc5dd8025687
f0024bb5f/8f9c21f13cb2a98c80256a39006c50d0?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,sharlynn
[warning emailer may wrap + break url above]

<quote from his message>

stop zope.  go to zope's directory (wherever you installed it).  add a text
file there with the name:
inituser
that file should contain a single line:
admin:123
then start zope.  you should now be able to get in as admin with password
123
you can change that after you log in.

hope that helps,
--
ethan mindlace fremen
zopatista community liason

<quote>
Q1: Does this fix it?

Q2: Before the above, what happens when you try Netscape?

Several other people recently have have not succeded to login after they
installed zope. If anyone can confirm the answer to this horrible problem
please let me know, post to this list and also contact:

sharlynn <waterstrider@frontier.net>
and
michael tamblyn <michael@distractor.com>

Tehn we can write it up propely as an essential beginners' How-To ->& easy
to find and include in the Docs

- Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']