[Zope] Virtual Host Monster and <BASE ..>

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:08:47 +0200

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 09:38:09PM +1000, Tom Cameron wrote:
> I am using the Virtual Host monster and apache rewrite rules to handle
> virtual hosts. I am using Zope 2.3.0 on FreeBSD and Apache1.3.
>
> This works very well for all folders/pages other than the virtual root. And
> it works fine for the virtual root if I explicitly specify the index_html
> page. i.e. http://www.domain.com/index_html.
>
> However for the very root of the site, if I call it by the domain only i.e.
> http://www.domain.com it does not work at all.
>
> The resultant HTML contains a <BASE> tag
> <base href="http://www.domain.com/sitefolder/" />
> which seems to screw everything up.
>
> All the urls on this home page start with
> http://www.domain.com/sitefolder/  instead of
> http://www.domain.com/ as if the host monster is not working at all.
>
> I then tried to add a new rewrite directive to apache to send all requests
> for
> http://www.domain.com/ to
> http://www.domain.com/index_html in a hope to avoid this problem, but that
> seems to have no effect (perhaps I am not doing it correctly)

Hi Tom,

I have been experiencing similar problems on my personal server (like HEAD
requests for / returning a Not Found error), but haven't had time to chase
this up yet.

Could you file a bug report in the Zope Collector (preferably with an
easily reproduceable example)? You'll find it at:

  http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector

--
Martijn Pieters