[Zope] Windows ME bug - abrupt reboot

Henny van der Linde Henny van der Linde" <linde@inline-info.nl
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 01:55:26 +0200

Hi,

> a friend of mine is trying to get Zope 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 (python1.5.2 comes
> with the Zope distribution) working with Windows ME aka Windows millennium
> 4.90.3000
>
> he can run python.exe - works.
>
> when he runs start.bat, bin\python.exe z2.py -D his machine abruptly
reboots
> he can not get ZOPE working on his Windows ME box.  I searched the
archives
> to no avail.
>
> Anyway suggestions on how to track down the problem?
>
> any help greatly appreciated,
> ~runyaga

I have the same problem here (ME too). The problem started when I got my
ADSL connection and after I installed a firewall (Norton Internet Security).
Before that everything was ok.

What I'm now doing is: not using my ADSL connection at the same time, and
even restart my machine after the ADSL logout (necessary). Besides that
turning off Internet Security. It's far from satisfactory but at least it
works for me now. I'll have to explore this further because I need local
Zope and the ADSL connection at the same time.

Henny van der Linde