[Zope] sendmail problem or issue?

Tim Haines Tim Haines" <tim@ims.co.nz
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:20:37 +1200

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your reply.  By changing the security on the mailhost object
(same as the proxy change you suggested), I elimated the problem of the
mailhost not being found, but zope still reports the following SMTP error:

Error Type: SMTPRecipientsRefused
Error Value: {'tim@ims.co.nz': (550, 'Relaying is prohibited')}

This indicates to me that my client pc is somehow being involved in the send
mail process, and is causing the error displayed above.

Any further ideas?

Tim.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randall F. Kern" <randy@spoke.net>
To: "Tim Haines" <tim@ims.co.nz>; <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 1:18 PM
Subject: RE: [Zope] sendmail problem or issue?

First, yes you are correct in that Zope connects to the SMTP server to
send the message from the Zope server, not from the browser client.

I bet this problem is due to permissions on the mailhost object.  By
default only managers can use mailhost objects (to keep anonymous users
from using your Zope server as a spam box.)

If you want people other than managers to be able to send mail, you must
set the "Manager" proxy role on the DTML method you use to send the
message.

-Randy