[Zope] Re: Is there a "Virtual Folder" Product??

Shai Berger shai@aristocart.com
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 17:40:28 +0300

Dieter Maurer wrote,

>   The "absolute" in "absolute_url" indicates, that the
>   URL is independent of the access context, based solely
>   on its physical location.

This is almost correct; you can use Access Rules to change
the virtual root [Philipp: put an access rule in the 'german'
folder, and in the access rule, do something like
REQUEST.setVirtualRoot('http://server/german')],
and then the absolute_url is relative to this root.

> If you need the breakcrumbs only in a kind of management
> interface (what I expect), you can use "URLPATH1" (maybe
> URLPATH0) as starting point, as in this case the object's
> URL is strongly related to the request URL.

I don't know anything about breakcrumbs or breadcrumbs,
but I think investing a little in access rules will
make your life easier along the way -- your dtml will
look much more natural.

Hope this helps,

	Shai.