[Zope] Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager proper use?

Irene Barg ibarg@as.arizona.edu
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 10:41:32 -0700

Hello All,

Zope Version:     Zope 2.3.2 (binary release, python 1.5.2,
solaris-2.6-sparc)
Python Version:   1.5.2 (#8, Nov 16 1999, 10:05:41) [GCC 2.8.1]
System Platform:  sunos5

How do I set the HTTP directive "Pragma: no-cache" in my
Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager?

I've created an Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager object in a
folder that controls updates to a database.  I have set the
settings to:

Interval (seconds):  300
Cache anonymous connections only? enabled
Notify URLs:

What can I put in the box "Notify URL's"?  Can I put the
"Pragma: no-cache" there?  My problem is a lot of my users use
an AOL browser, and they experience problems using my
interactive update pages.  The scenario goes like this:

1.  AOL user goes to my db update folder "/Families/Update", and
queries the db for a family record.

2.  An edit page returns the family info, the user is allowed to
edit fields.

3.  The users then presses either 'Update', 'Delete', 'Insert'.

4.  The db edits are implemented, and a response is sent to the
user.

My AOL users, never get past step 3.  When they press 'Update'
they get a response that the 'server is not responding or
service is unavailable'.

I want to disable the AOL proxy server caching for my db update
pages, but I don't know if this will solve the problem.

My update pages consist of forms that call other DTML objects
like:

<dtml-var insertFamilyInputs>

and the form's action is:

<form action="updateFamily">

While searching through the mailing lists, I noticed that
some users had problems loading style sheets when they used
relative links.  Since the above two examples are not 'href's, I
don't think this is related to my problem.  Any insight on this
problem is greatly appreciated.

-- irene barg
Irene Barg		      Email:  ibarg@as.arizona.edu
Steward Observatory	      Phone:  520-621-2602
933 N. Cherry Ave.
University of Arizona	      FAX:    520-621-1891
Tucson, AZ  85721	      http://nickel.as.arizona.edu/~barg