[Zope] newbie question about adding a product instance

Chris Curvey chris@chriscurvey.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:51:34 -0700 (PDT)

I was working through the Zope Book and trying to add
a new product.  I want to create an addForm so that
all the properties are set from the get-go.

I modifed that addForm that was generated for me, then
I went searching through the add method that was
generated.  There's a comment in there that says you
can use this

<dtml-call
"propertysheets.Basic.manage_editProperties(
                  REQUEST)">

to set other attributes from the form, but it's always
returning an attribute error for "basic."

I've tried changing "Basic" to a couple of other
things (like the name of my property sheet), but I
can't seem to get past this.

So, does anybody have an idea what I'm missing?
Should I just ignore that comment in the generated
DTML and replace the generated method with my own
Python script?  (Assuming I can figure out how to get
access to the container, form, and underlying object
from the python script....)

Thanks in Advance.

-Chris

=====