[Zope] Show Viewable folders

Montagne, Michael montagne@BOORA.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 16:35:35 -0700

I'm trying to display only the folders that a User has viewing rights to.
The following code snippets are my two different attempts that both seem
flawed.  I created a user and a role.  Only when that user is assigned the
Manager role at the root level will the ifs test true.  I'm deselecting
Acquire permission settings and checking view for the role.  I know this is
working because I can view the folder.  I tested this by unchecking View and
relying on Acquisition.  When I did this, I could not view the folder, just
as it should be.  So it seems something in these code snippets is screwy.
What could it be?

<dtml-in expr="PARENTS[0].objectValues('Folder')">
<dtml-if "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_permission('View','<dtml-sequence-item>')">
    <li><a href="<dtml-var absolute_url>"><dtml-var title_or_id></a>
  <dtml-else>
  Nope<br>
</dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

<dtml-in expr="PARENTS[0].objectValues('Folder')">
<dtml-if expr="_.SecurityCheckPermission('View','<dtml-sequence-item>')">