[Zope] Including HTML from another server's file into a dtml method or document

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 10:46:03 +0200

Hi,

--On Mittwoch, 1. August 2001 15:38 -0800 Tommy Johnson <tommy@7x.com>
wrote:

I use an external method like this:

from ZPublisher import Client

def web_client(url = 'http://some.default.url', username = None, password =
None, **kw):
     '''access http servers'''
     class gen_res:
         __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__=1
     f=gen_res()
     if kw:
         f.headers,f.body=Client.call(url,username,password,kw)
     else:
         f.headers,f.body=Client.call(url,username,password)
     return(f)

And call it from DTML or ZPT like this:

<dtml-with expr="web_client(url)">

<dtml-var body>
</dtml-with>

or

tal:replace="extcontent/body">

The external method returns an object with the headers and body, where
heraders are the HTTP headers to get some informations.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain