[Zope] Mail Host problem

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 15:45:26 GMT

Here is the revised code:

try:
  mailhost = context.SuperValues('Mail Host')[0]
except:
  raise AttributeError, "Cannot find a Mail Host object."

..and this is the error message:

Zope Error

          Error Type: AttributeError
          Error Value: Cannot find a Mail Host object.

          Troubleshooting Suggestions

              The URL may be incorrect.
              The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
              A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an
error.

          For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the
HTML source for this page.

          If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you
for your patience.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/zope/2-3-1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 223, in
publish_module
  File /usr/local/zope/2-3-1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in
publish
  File /usr/local/zope/2-3-1/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/local/zope/2-3-1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 171, in
publish
  File /usr/local/zope/2-3-1/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in
mapply
    (Object: test_mail)
  File /usr/local/zope/2-3-1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112, in
call_object
    (Object: test_mail)
  File /usr/local/zope/2-3-1/lib/python/Shared/DC/Scripts/Bindings.py, line 324,
in __call__
    (Object: test_mail)
  File /usr/local/zope/2-3-1/lib/python/Shared/DC/Scripts/Bindings.py, line 354,
in _bindAndExec
    (Object: test_mail)
  File /usr/local/zope/2-3-1/lib/python/Products/PythonScripts/PythonScript.py,
line 336, in _exec
    (Object: test_mail)
    (Info: ({'script': <PythonScript instance at 8a65798>, 'context': <Folder
instance at 89c4640>, 'container': <Folder instance at 89c4640>,
'traverse_subpath': []}, (), {}, None))
  File Script (Python), line 5, in test_mail
AttributeError: (see above)

Note, the Mail Host object is in the same folder as the script.  Incidentally, I
noted another user who mentioned an issue about permissions.  I took out all
references to acquire permissions and set all of them manually.  Even when
running as manager (expressly allowed in the security settings), I still got the
above error message.

How did people get this working in the past?

Thanks again,

Ron