[Zope] Great html-applet ( commecial ) to be used as a content-editing tool with Zope

Heimo Laukkanen heimo.laukkanen@fountainpark.org
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 21:47:11 +0300

Ausum wrote:

> Heimo, check whether you can paste text from other applications. I also
> tried Realobjects a while ago, but had to keep looking because at our Mac
> boxes, using Internet Explorer 5, it didn't allow to paste simple text from
> any other application.

Yes,

works fine. You can cut&paste from clipboard either plain-text or HTML.
No problem. What amazes me a lot is how configurabler that applet is,
since basicly you can manage everything. You can write an xml-toolbar
configuration, which says that I want to have these buttons here and I
want to add my custom-made buttons here and they are supposed to do this
and that.

Only problem is that Java-support in browsers is not that well written
and causes browser ( IE and Navigator ) to crash from time to time -- or
atleast consume resources too much, so you have to restart the machine.
That's why I decided to create both WYSIWYG-version and plain-text
version of add_forms and edit_forms.

> On the other hand, I'm interested at which are the potential uses of Zope,
> within an intranet. Have you published any document on this?

Not yet. I'm writing my thesis in finnish, but will be writing a how-to
to the Zope-list.

What I have sofar learned about Zope is that the sky is the limit. We
were wondering about a purchase of $20.000 Document-Manage software, but
decided to postpone it since I learned to understand the possibilities
of Zope ( Thanks also to Kaivo's Document Library ). Even though the
time invested into learning Zope is valuable I believe that in near
future we can utilize Zope in our intranet as a communication tool,
document storage ( knowledgebase) and a collaboration space.

Sky is the limit. ,-)

-huima