[Zope] Large data.fs (just the Faqs).

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper@rice.edu
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 10:01:42 -0500

>And use an FS capable of >2GB files (like XFS)

While I highly encourage use of XFS (it makes life with my crappy
system-locking video card bearable), plain ol' ext2 is perfectly capable
of  +2GB files. The limit in old Linux systems is not the old file
system but the old memory addressing scheme. With a new kernel ext2 is
fine for large files. I don't know about extremely large files (TB size)
like XFS can do, but I think you'd have to get some sort of journaling
system at the point that a fsck takes a day or two.

            --jcc
        (all day long)