[Zope] Great html-applet ( commecial ) to be used as a content-editing tool with Zope

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper@rice.edu
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 10:20:11 -0500

> I'd be really interested! What we really need is some kind of wysiwyg
> tool to edit content in zope instead of the *non wrapping* text areas
> provided by zope. Why those are non-wrap-able? I have no idea, and for
> sure it's a problem (btw, if it's hotfix-able, Id' like to know how to
> do this). I see no way to add simple formatting to a browser based
> text area. So the only way is for now : ftp, java applets, or IE5+
> html edit component.

Not entirely. Any XUL compliant browser (read: Mozilla) has a WYSIWYG
HTML editor component. In fact I'm writing in one right now. It even
outputs text translations of HTML which are very similar to STX. One of
these days I'll create an example of this for Zope.

Anybody else hear echos of ZopeStudio? Since Mozilla's getting toward
the 1.0 stage, maybe it's time to take a look at that again.

            --jcc
        (what you see...)