[Zope] File Upload returns "application/octet-stream", not correct type

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:20:33 -0400 (EDT)

This is possibly a browser error, rather than a Zope error, but I can't
find any references on the web for a browser bug.

When we upload to Zope (via a form that we build, or by simply adding a
"File" object through the management interface), it comes out as
"application/octet-stream" rather than as the appropriate MIME type.
This only happens on one computer (Win 98, IE 4), suggesting a browser
bug, but I can't find any references on the web about a problem with this.

Does Zope do any mangling at all of MIME types? Does anyone have any ideas
what this could be?

Thanks for any help.

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>