[Zope] can one rename the "manage" id

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper@rice.edu
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 16:19:56 -0500

>Is there a way to rename the "manage" id to something more cryptic?
>I'd prefer to try and "hide" this page once the zope site goes live.

I wouldn't think so. It's probably stuck in the code in more places than
one. Besides, security isn't thorugh obscurity. Set your permissions
right, don't use stupid passwords or transmit them in the clear, and
nobody you don't want will be able to see the ZMI. You can even restrict
by domain the few people who do have access to it, if you want.

Someone might get an authorization box instead of a 404, but that's not
much difference.

But, if you do want to be clever, you  could try an Apache rewrite rule.
I can't guarantee that things won't work consistently, but I can't
guanatee that they won't either.

        --jcc
    (encrypted)