[Zope] GET/POST "name=value" query var convention?

Scott Thomason SThomaso@hii.com
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 18:18:11 -0500

Does anyone know of a more-or-less authoritative source that states that =
the common convention for HTTP GET/POST queries is a series of "name=3Dvalu=
e" pairs joined by "&" characters? I know I'm not just making this up, but =
I need to persuade someone that it is a commonly-accepted practice. Before =
you look... it's not in the HTTP RFCs.

Also...would it be accurate to say that life as a PHP and/or ColdFusion =
programmer is easier if the aforementioned HTTP GET/POSTs are performed in =
this manner? I know as a frequent user of Perl's CGI.pm module that I take =
this convention for granted.
---scott