[Zope] How does Zope and Python work?

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:18:00 +0200

> > slip of the tongue :)
> > I meant <pseudo>copy</pseudo>
>
> I think you need to find out the difference between a reference and a
value ;-)

So, you're saying that it's NOT a <pseudo>copy</pseudo> of the value of the
computation?

> > In other words,
> > loops and stuff inside the <dtml-let can continue to work even though
you
> > delete the objects it got its data from.
>
> What do you mean by 'delete the objects'?

Suppose you assign with <dtml-let a sequence from a objectIds() method.
At a splitsecond after the <dtml-let has been assigned you remove all
objects that the objectIds() depend on in some other process (i.e. next
time, there will be no result left).
Will the <dtml-let have "saved a copy" or will it break?

Peter