[Zope] ZCatalog Search Interface Broken (help?)

Gary Perez garyp@asti-usa.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 10:03:40 -0400

Hi, all.

First, the versions:
Linux, Zope 2.3.0, python 1.5.2

A while back, I set up a couple of Catalog-aware ZClasses that
auto-update to a Catalog in Zope's root folder. In that same folder, I
added the standard "Z Search Interface". Somemtime within the last
couple of months, the search interface stopped working; searching on any
of the indexed properties of either ZClass returns no results whatsoever.

Here are the things I checked in various combinations, multiple times:
- Create new ZClass(es): they still auto-update in the Catalog, search fails
- Update the Catalog: looks good, search fails
- Verify the Indexes of the Catalog, redo "Find Objects": works fine,
search fails
- Trash original "Search_Form" and "Search_Report" DTML Methods, add new
from management interface: use Zope defaults, search fails

During the last month or so, I removed one property from one of the
ZClasses, and added a different one... neither of which were ever (nor
will ever be) indexed by the Catalog or searched for via the interface.

Has anyone run into a similar problem (and, hopefully found a solution)?

Thanks in advance for your zen & guidance.
-Gary