[Zope] method marshalling

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 15:11:49 -0500

Hi Tommy,

You are using this every day! Check out the HTML produced by Zope's own
management interface (i.e., view source on a zope folder listing).

It starts like this:

<form action="http://your.server.com/your/path/" name="objectItems" method="post">
.
.
.

It ends like this:

    <input class="form-element" type="submit" name="manage_renameForm:method"
   value="Rename" />
  <input class="form-element" type="submit" name="manage_cutObjects:method"
   value="Cut" />
  <input class="form-element" type="submit" name="manage_copyObjects:method"
   value="Copy" />
        <input class="form-element" type="submit"
name="manage_delObjects:method"
   value="Delete" />
      <input class="form-element" type="submit"
   name="manage_importExportForm:method"
   value="Import/Export" />

Which shows that you just use <input type="submit" name="yourmethod:method" ... >

There's lots of useful stuff right in the ZMI itself!
-steve