[Zope] IE problems with Zope Solaris binary?

Irene Barg ibarg@as.arizona.edu
Sun, 05 Aug 2001 09:50:05 -0700

Hello,

I'm running Zope-2.3.2-solaris-2.6-sparc binary release on
a Sparc Ultra 60 running Solaris 2.8.  I don't have root privilege
on my machine, and gcc compiler is not installed, so I just downloaded
the Solaris binary.  When I start Zope in debug mode, I see:

ZServer PCGI Server started ..
Unix socket: /home/barg/Zope-2.3.2-solaris-2.6-sparc/var/pcgi.soc

I connect directly to my zope site using this URL:
    http://nickel.as.arizona.edu:8080
Since the binary version is using PCGI, would there be any advantage to
starting Zope with the "-p" option and going through my public_html
directory?

Everything appeared to be working fine until I started investigating a
problem
that I believed was related to an AOL Proxy server caching, but now I
don't
know.  I have a set of forms that allow users to edit a MySQL database
(MySQL
3.23.38, MySQL-python-0.3.5, ZMySQLDA-2.0.6).  I develop on a linux
system,
running Zope 2.3.2 compiled from source.  Then I deploy on my Sun.
Users
accessing my forms from Windows machines running either IE or a AOL
enabled
browser can query my database, but when they actually try to 'Submit' an

update, they get the infamous IE page saying:

This page cannot be displayed.
The page your are looking for is currently unavailable.  The Web site
might be experiencing technical difficulties, or your may need to adjust

your browser settings. .....

Now, what "should" happen is, when they press the 'Submit' button,
a DTML method is called (using method="POST"), this method calls
some Python scripts, a ZSQL method, then sends a reply to the client's
browser.  Of course this never happens on a PC running IE or Nescape
4.7.
I do not see this behavior if I come into my Zope site from another Sun
workstation
in my office (using Netscape 4.7), but I can go down the hall and get
the same
error on a PC running Windows 2000 and IE.  Can anyone tell me what may
be going on, or how I can go about debugging this?

Thanks you,
--irene
Irene Barg   Email: ibarg@as.arizona.edu
Steward Observatory  Phone:  520-621-2602
University of Arizona  FAX:    520-621-1891
Tucson, AZ  85721  http://nickel.as.arizona.edu/~barg