[Zope] Error creating file (426) when accessing Zope using FTP

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 21:13:35 +0200 (CEST)

Marc Balmer writes:
 > I try to upload a file to my Zope installation at localhost:8021 using
 > FTP. When I "put" the file I keep getting an error 426, error creating
 > file.
Probably, your file is interpreted as of a Zope object type
(maybe DTML Document) and does not have the correct content
for this interpretation.

Your options:

  *  someone posted an announcement about improved FTP error
     messages.

     Search the mailing list archives for "FTP and error and messages"
     and install the patch. Hopefully, you will get a more
     specific error message.

  *  If you think, the object type is correctly guessed by
     Zope, then you can try to import the file via Zope's
     management interface.
     You will then see good problem reports for the upload.

     Otherwise, you need to learn about "PUTFactories".
     There is a HowTo at zope.org.
     It allows you to take over the decision about the
     object type of the uploaded file.

Dieter