[Zope] Zope process memory leak?

Tom Cameron tom@cameron.to
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 08:16:02 +1000

Dieter,

=> Tom Cameron writes:
=>  > I have been watching my zope process carefully now for a few
=> weeks and I
=>  > have noticed that it seems to have a memory leak.
=>  >
=>  > It generally starts off at about 70Mb Ram and then grows up
=> to about 240Mb
=>  > over about 5 to 10 days. It then forks a new process and
=> starts over again.
=> You know the "Debug" item under "Control_Panel"?
=>
=>    It may help you to find out what type of objects leaks.
=>    This, in turn, may help you to locate the culprit.

I know the tab, but I have no idea what it means or how to use it. Where can
I find a good guide on how to use it?

=> Why does you Zope die at 240 MB. Is that the amount of available
=> virtual memory?

I am not certain, all I know is that it never gets much more than about
240Mb. I guess it is related to the physical limit because the machine has
256Mb Ram but I am not certain.

Thanks
Tom