[Zope] Filemaker Pro 5.5 ODBC and Zope

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 13:32:16 -0400

Things I needed to know and finally figured out, and this may not be the
only possible solution though I think I tried every other combination:

1.  Apparently, the Local Database Companion is invisible to ODBC, and
connections fail.
2.  When the Remote Database Companion is used, everything works as
advertised.
3.  You do not need to specify individual Filemaker files to the ODBC
setup.  Give it a single name, and properly shared open files will
appear as tables to SQL under that DSN.  Do specify a "remote
connection" with the server's address.

System: Zope-2.4.0, Win2kServer, FMPro5.5, ZODBCDA3.1.0b2

-- Jim Washington