[Zope] mySQL and Zope and multiple databases

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:48:04 -0400

Yes, this is what I mean. I can do it from the mySQL admin tool just fine.

I will look into external methods then.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Walstad [mailto:eric@walstads.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 1:35 PM
To: Schmidt, Allen J.; Zope mailing list
Subject: RE: [Zope] mySQL and Zope and multiple databases

Allen,
I just reread your message and I think misunderstood it the first time.  The
link I sent before describes querying two databases, not querying against
two MySQL Database connections in one ZSQL method...
This kind of query could be run from an external method that queries the two
databases and returns the result set to Zope, tho.  I think that would do
what you need.
As each ZSQL method has one database connection property, I'm not sure how,
or if, you could specify using two database connections in one ZSQL method.
Eric.