[Zope] Cobalt RAQ3, Zope, SSL, FastCGI - A how to

Blandford, Simon [BSS Audio UK] Simon.Blandford@bss.co.uk
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:38:14 +0100

Hi Chris

> > RAQ3. I found that the Proxy Server method has some
> problems and is not
> > compatible with some Zope products.
>
> Really? Which ones?

The problems I had were with Siteroot and Virtual Host Monster. One such
product was ZWiki, as documented here http://zwiki.org/LinkProblems . Also
the excellent Tracker (the one which never made it out of CVS) had problems
with some image file links being broken. This was back in Febuary. I don't
know if it has since been fixed. After one or two products needed hacking to
get them to work with Siteroot I discovered FastCGI and that solved
everything.

> Might be best to stick this on zope.org somewhere too...

Certainly! How do I do that?

Regards,
Simon.

The comments expressed in this email are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer.