[Zope] Threads, ZODB, deactivate, setstate, etc...

Max Møller Rasmussen maxm@normik.dk
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:52:31 +0200

> From: Olivier Deckmyn [mailto:odeckmyn.list@teaser.fr]

> After hours of thinking, I think this is because ZODB ask my
> objects to go
> to sleep (is this DEACTIVATING ?).

My guess would be that it is related to persistance. When Zope tries to
clean up the memory and write change objects to the ZODB it would seem that
some of your objects are not saved, and so the values that they contain does
no longer exist.

Perhaps your list of ZExternalNewsItem is changed with an append(someItem)
or somesuch. So you need to set self._p_changed=1 or something.

It reminds me of a problem I had where I forgot to subclass persistence in a
class, and suddenly some stuff would be there no longer while other thing
was still there allright.

regards Max M