[Zope] suggest me how to run jython in zope....

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:13:04 +0100

I have in the past been able to call Java from within Zope, by using a piece
of software called Java-Python Extensions which is available from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpe/.

Theere is though one big problem, at least when I tried it, in that the JVM
attaches to only one thread, and since Zope is multi-threaded this causes no
end of grief when requesting pages.

The Jython thing can be done with the same software, but there is no way
(afaik) to use Jython from within Zope as it stands.

There is a project, www.phabric.org, to create a Java version of Zope.
There was an announcement of the Zope-dev list a few days ago.

hth

Phil
phil.harris@zope.co.uk