[Zope] Oracle Stored Procedures

Ernst Eeldert Eeeldert@landis.nl
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:57:01 +0100

Ricardo,

first off all, stop sending HTML messages to this list. Thanks.

Basically, the ZOracle Stored Procedure object returns a list containing the
OUT parameters of your procedure. So when you have a Oracle Procedure like:

procedure test
(
	p_claim_id		in		varchar2
	,p_cursor		out 		cur_general
	,p_error_code	out		number
);

calling the ZOracle Stored Procedure (ZSP) from DTML will return a list
containing 2 items. The first will contain a DCO2 cursor object, the second
item will be the numeric errorcode.

In DTML, you can use the cursor just like from python, as long as you put it
into an expression. Example:

<dtml-in expr="spTest()[0].fetchall()">
    <li><dtml-var expr="_['sequence-item'][0]>
</dtml-in>

This will print a list with the values of the first column of each row. It
could be that the syntax of the dtml-var tag could be less hairy, but I just
started using Zope, and I know this syntax works for me.

HTH,

Ernst