[Zope] Interfacing to Zope

Robert Frank Robert.Frank@unibas.ch
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:31:43 +0200

Hi,

I haven't quite given up. It just has to be possible, PCGI and fastcgi can
do it, so why not I?

I've rechecked the protocol and am quit sure that I've gotting it right.
While checking, I noticed that PCGI (the wrapper, actually) will start a
python process called pcgi_publisher.py.
Is this necessary?

As I understood the documentation, when using the ZServer for listening on
a (TCP) port, this is all it needs.

Does ZServer on unix work with TCP sockets or only with domain sockets?
If I start Zope with' python z2.py -X -F 1234 -D', then it will listen on
the port 1234, but it will never spew anything out ...

Does anyone have a clue as to what happens (which processes are started
and how they interact) if you use PCGI?

I just find it hard to believe that there is no documentaion on this subject ...

Robert
Institut fuer Informatik           tel  +41 (0)61 267 14 66
Universitaet Basel                 fax. +41 (0)61 267 14 61
Robert Frank
Klingelbergstrasse 50   Robert.Frank@unibas.ch (NeXT,MIME mail ok)
CH-4056 Basel           (remove any no_spam_ from my return address)
Switzerland             http://www.ifi.unibas.ch/~frank