[Zope] dtml-in and skip_unauthorized not working?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 09:38:05 +0200 (CEST)

Mike Renfro writes:
 > On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 11:06:09PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 >
 > > Many people ignore "ZopeFind". It's a pity!  "ZopeFind" is very
 > > helpful.
 > >
 > >  It can filter on permission and provides much better control than
 > > "skip_unauthorized" (which simply can check for object access
 > > ("Access contents information" for most objects, "View" for a few
 > > specials).
 >
 > Great. I saw that argument in the code for it, but it wasn't clear
 > what format the parameter should take. Any examples?
There is a prominent example: the "Find" tab in Zope's ZMI.

Looking at it, you will find that:

	"obj_permission" is a permission name
	"obj_roles" is a list of roles

	If both are specified, "ZopeFind" find the objects
	where the specified roles have the given permission.

The ZMI is a really rich repository of examples....
Often, they are even documented (as in the case of the
"Find" tab)....

Dieter