[Zope] installing Zope 2.4 as service on win2k

Kevin Kuo kkuo@engin.umich.edu
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 21:31:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I recently installed zope 2.4 on a win2000 machine and it is causing
weird things to happen to the OS.  For example, I can't access my network
configurations, I can't run media player, and I can't uninstall Zope and
some other programs.  I have read something regarding Python and Zope
colliding, but I couldn't find out more through the mailing list for Zope
or the python newsgroup.

My configuration:
Zope 2.4 WWW port: 8080, ftp: 8021.
ActivePython 2.1
Python 2.2a1
IIS 5 WWW port: 80, ftp: 21.
Userland Radio: 9081.

I'd like to get back to development with Zope on my home machine as soon
as possible, but I'm afraid history will just repeat itself.  Any
solutions, and ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Kevin