[Zope] manage_clone and proxy roles

Lee Harr missive@hotmail.com
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:59:16 +0000

I have a folder "test" and in the folder "test" there is another
folder "f". I want to have a method (preferably a python method)
which creates a copy of "f" in the folder "test" and I want anyone
to be able to do it (not just managers)

so, I created a python method "c" as:

context.manage_clone(context.test.f, 'f2')
return "done"

which works fine when I am logged in as manager, but throws up a
login dialog when I am not. No problem, I figure, set the proxy
role on "c" to 'Manager' and everything should be cool. Nope.

Hmm. I think maybe this is not possible from python methods, so
I try a dtml-method, as such:

<dtml-call "manage_clone(f, 'f3')">
done

Again, works fine when I am logged in as manager, but even if I
set the proxy role on the method to 'Manager' I get the login
dialog.

This is one Zope 2.3.2

Any wisdom appreciated.