[Zope] Server Side Questions

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:31:54 +0200

Hi mixo,
...snip...

> I already have cgi scripts (shell scripts) that perform certain functions
> which are sitting on some remote machine (which is not running Zope). I
> want to be able to use them, and avoid rewriting them in Python (at least
> for now). What I am looking for is something  like
>           <!--#exec cgi="somescript-->
> which executes a cgi script.

<dtml-call somescriptmethod>

In Extensions folder make python program like this:

import os
def somescriptmethod:
    return os.system('path/to/your/script')

Include this as external Method from management interface.

Note: it is absolutely no good Idea (especially If you are new
to python) to make the program name a parameter.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain