[Zope] Remote scripting?

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 01:24:01 +0100

Remote scripting?You might want to take a look at KnowNow
(http://www.knownow.com) as well, it has a JavaScript 'microserver'.

There is also a Python Microserver, available from www.zope.co.uk/pyKnowN=
ow.

It works well, I'm the creator/author of the Python Microserver, and I'm
going to be integrating it with Zope as soon as I get around to it.  I'll
probably create a bunch of products for publishing/subscribing to a KnowN=
ow
router from Zope on the server side and then use the JavaScript microserv=
er
on the client side.

Any questions, mail me.

Phil

----- Original Message -----
From: Ren=E9 Olsthoorn
To: 'zope@zope.org'
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 10:43 AM
Subject: [Zope] Remote scripting?

Hello,
Remote Scripting means: calling server-side code from a client-side scrip=
without causing the active page to be reloaded.
(for more information see http://www.ashleyit.com/rs/)
The website mentioned above contains an HTML page which contains two
comboboxes. The choices offered in the second combobox are calculated on =
the
server, depending on the choice that the user makes in the first combobox.
The values of the second combobox are retrieved from the server by
communicating with a java-servlet, and all this is done without reloading
the active page. (using DHTML, ofcourse).
Has anyone done such a thing with Zope, in stead of a java-servlet?
Cheers,
Ren=E9 Olsthoorn,
Mediasystemen,
The Netherlands.