[Zope] property:date

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:14:56 +0200 (CEST)

Welcome European!

Giuseppe Bonelli writes:
 > I want to use a date property to store a user entered date into a ZClass property; the date must be entered in "%d/%m/%&y" format (I am from Europe (-;)).
 > 1. go to the management GUI and add a my_date property to the ZClass
good!

 > 2. use a format string as the value for the property
Of course, this will not work.
The value must be a valid date not a format string.

 > 3. use name="mydate:date" in the relevant form
Unfortunately, Zope is very US centric...
It will not like European dates.

The mailing list archives will reveal you an announcement
about a European aware DateTime extension.
If you fetch this and plug it into your Zope installation,
this should work.

Dieter