[Zope] EmergencyUserCannotOwn??

Eric Walstad eric@walstads.net
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:13:13 -0700

Hi Alex,

It's considered bad form to post HTML to the mailing list.

You should use the emergency user to make a new user with the Manager=
 role.
Then, log out (shut down all instances of your browser) and log back =
in as
your manager user.

I'm not sure of the details on when it changed (I think it was around=
 2.2.X)
but it's been a while.

Have a look at the "Understanding Users in Zope" section of the Zope =
Book:
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/UsingZope.html

Eric.

-----Original Message-----
=46rom: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of =
Alexander
Tuchacek
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 2:43 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] EmergencyUserCannotOwn??

hallo all,

since now, if i want to copy an object as superuser i get the followi=
ng
message:

this does not happen before, why has zope changed the rights? where/h=
ow can
it change it back?

i use linux
Zope-2.3.3
Python 1.5.2

thanks,
alex

Zope Error
Error Type: EmergencyUserCannotOwn
Error Value: Objects cannot be owned by the emergency user

Troubleshooting Suggestions
=B7       The URL may be incorrect.
=B7       The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
=B7       A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering=
 an
error.
For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HT=
ML
source for this page.
If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you f=
or your
patience.