[Zope] os.system in external method

Andy Gimblett andy.gimblett@ftech.net
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:04:15 +0100

You might want to check out the "sudo" utility, which is a very
flexible way of letting users run programs as other users, in
a nicely controlled fashion.

http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/

It's complicated-ish, but very powerful. I'm no super-hacker, and
it took me only a couple of hours (maybe an afternoon at most) to
understand it sufficiently to allow one particular user to run
one particular script as root, ie it's worth persevering with
despite initially looking hard.

Of course, there are other ways of doing the same thing, but I
think this is a particularly nice one. :-)

-Andy

--
Andy Gimblett - Programmer - Frontier Internet Services Limited
Tel: 029 20 820 044 Fax: 029 20 820 035 http://www.frontier.net.uk/