Missing API Documentation? was: [Zope] manage_clone and proxy roles

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:20:16 +0200 (CEST)

J. Cameron Cooper writes:
 > The online help does have some shortcomings. I don't know how the API
 > docs are generated, but they should either include inherited methods and
 > fields or have more comprehensive links to objects they inherit from.
 > For example, where is SimpleItem? It has a whole ton of useful and
 > common stuff that people should know about.
The API documentation is extremely minimal. You will be lost
if this is your only resource...

"SimpleItem" is covered as "ObjectManagerItem".
Or more precisely: about 10 % of it.

You can use my "DocFinder" product
  URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope
to look at what is really there.
The disadvantage: it also documents methods that are there
for backward compatibility ony and should no longer be used.

An alternative would be "pydoc". You find necessary patches
at the above Web site to use it with Zope 2.4.

Dieter