[Zope] Kaivo Document Library

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:38:08 -0600

"Kinney, Lynn" wrote:

> Has anyone developed a method to replace an existing document in the library
> with a new one, or better yet, edit a document and just save the changes?
> The only way I can see now is to delete the document using the numbered
> list, then add the updated document as a new one.  Any solutions or
> comments?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lynn

You can do it from the Zope management interface, or add a script that
calls the manage_edit(file=foo) method of the document file object.

As for opening and saving, you might try using WebDAV (Web Folders),
although right now you need to know the document id number to edit it, I
would like to improve that in a later release.

--