[Zope] parsing XML documents into Zope

ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 12:50:41 -0700

On Friday 17 August 2001 08:33 pm, Mitchell L Model wrote:
>>What's the best Product to use to parse XML documents into Zope?  I
>>saw a number of XML-related Products, but my attempt to install a few
>>of them leads me to suspect that many of them are obsolete and don't
>>even load into Zope 2.4 (or at least not with their instructions as
>>given).

depends on what you want to do with the xml document.

if you just want to parse it for relevant info use sax or dom (sax is better
as size increases - event api vs. in memory doc access).

if you want to keep the document around to do nifty zope things, parsedxml is
a compliant level 2 dom, its not great at large documents because the entire
document is loaded in memory. the older xml document while not as standards
compliant (only  dom level 1 i think) is still useful in this regard as it
turns each node into a zope object.

cheers

kapil