[Zope] problems with MailHost

Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:31:28 -0700

If you are using Win2k, you could use the SMTP services in IIS, and set it
up to relay off your MTA. You would, however, have to get the mail
administrator for your company MTA to allow relay from your host, which is
often disabled by default on some MTAs...

If nothing else, you could set up another MTA on a different box or try some
3rd party MTAs for NT on your NT/Zope server; I wouldn't think it would be a
problem as long as you could SMTP relay...

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Rottermann [mailto:robert@redcor.ch]
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2001 2:40 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] problems with MailHost

Hi there,
the ISP where my Zope Server is situated is using an MTA (Mercury 1.47 for
Novell) that seams not to accept the mails generated by Zope's MailHost. It
complains that the FROM: field is not valid.

Now I have two questions:
- Does anyone of you know a solution.
- is there a mailserver (preferably in python) I could install on my NT box
with which I can test what the difference between a Zope generated and a
"normal" email is.

Thanks for your help
Robert

www.redcor.ch