[Zope] Zope vs. the Big Boys

Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:29:50 -0700

What kind of business is your company in?  Perhaps you could describe the
problem domain you wish to tackle?  For certain problem domains, certain
tools may or may not be more or less appropriate.  Zope is a very good
general purpose toolkit, but I can think of quite a few applications where
it would be leaps and bounds better than other choices.  I guess the answer
really depends on what you want to do.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Robb Allen [mailto:myself@robballen.com]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 6:17 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Zope vs. the Big Boys

Honestly, how does Zope compare to some of the big names such as BEA and
WebSphere? My company is looking at spending a lot of money in the
Application Server realm, and I wondered how Zope stacks up against them.
We're two shakes of a pen away from purchasing something, and I'd like to at
least come back with an open-source solution just so that we can compare
something.

Fire away. I need as much ammo as I can get (although, honestly, I'm leaning
towards BEA)