[Zope] Dynamically generating text graphics in Zope

Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:29:58 +0100

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:20:01 -0400, Anders Schneiderman
<schneida@seiu.org> wrote:

>I'm trying to create a site for our intranet that will create text =
graphics=20
>that people can use to construct a web site ala Cooltext.  For ex, I =
want=20
>to be able to let someone enter five different menu names, pick one of=20
>several color schemes/textures, and then spit back the graphics so they =
can=20
>copy them.  Two questions:
>
>1) Has anyone done this before, and if so how did they do it (and do you=
=20
>have code you'd be willing to share)?

I suggest you look at PIL, the Python Imaging Library

>2) If not, any suggestions on how to get started? Obviously, gimp on=20
>Windows is one solution

I dont know gimp, so that one isnt obvious to me. Does gimp provide
access via COM? if so you may be in luck; Python's com support is
second to none. However COM in Zope is not as easy as it should be;
look up 'CoInitializeEx' in the list archives for some extra
precautions you need to take.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com