[Zope] Zope for dvd online shop

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:08:01 +0200

Generally, the difference/battle between Python Product and ZClass is time.
The cool thing about ZClass is that it "takes care of" all the security
related junk that is to difficult and sensitive to write in a Python
Product.
However, if you have time and really want to pinpoint the details, python
product is better.

If Python products are faster, I don't know, but it likely is so.

Another nice feature of Python Products is that you can change the
baseclasses with time.
In ZClasses you can't, so if you made an error in not selecting say
"ZCatalogAware" on creation you'll have to rebuild the whole ZClass.

2600 DVD's isn't very much.
I would go for a ZClass, unless you will want to compete against Amazon in a
few months.

peter