[Zope] Zope vs. the Big Boys

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:33:47 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephan Goeldi" <stephan_goeldi@hotmail.com>
To: <zztong@pugsly.ev.net>; <myself@robballen.com>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Zope vs. the Big Boys

> One of the problems with Zope is, that all the factsheets found on
> www.zope.com are targeted to technical people. Those management guys are
> used to read high-glossy papers like the one on
> http://www.obtree.com/c3_broch_e.pdf which is the way, a Zope
> decision-maker-targeted brochure should go too.
>
> I realized, that I have no chance to impress those Microsoft- and
> Obtree-used managers, when I use the official Zope factsheets only. Of
> course, I can create my own. And I understand, that it is not the business
> of Zope.com to create papers, which others can use to sell their own
> services ...

I'd sort of disagree with that last sentiment, anything that advances the
cause of Zope also helps the Corporation.  And since ZC themselves need to
produce management overview type docs for their own purpose, then letting
the community have dibs on them would be no hardship for ZC.

$0.02 <-- this is mine