[Zope] Python Product Initialization

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:35:02 +0200 (CEST)

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Roch=E9=5FCompaan?= writes:
 > Is there a way to get a handle on an existing arbitrary object in the ZODB,
 > let's say index_html in the root, through a pyhton product when it
 > initializes?

   from Zope import app

   root= app()
   index_html= root.index_html

This gives you the "bare" object: it lacks the usual
"REQUEST" wrapper in its acquisition chain.

If you need it, you need a request object, say "R",
and call

    R.traverse(path_to_your_object)

There have been rumors on the mailing list (--> archives)
that Zope 2.4 would contain a "getrequest" utility to
create such a request. There is no such utility
in my ZopeCVS. Search the archives.

If you can not find anything, report back. I can post
a request creation function.

Dieter