[Zope] context,container,getParentNode()

Karsten Kraus Karsten.Kraus@swr3.de
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:14:55 +0200

Hi Horst,

as I'm a newbie to zope, I'm not to sure, if I got it right...

'context' stands for the current namespace depending on the document/obje=
ct
a python script
was called form.
Example:
document: /test/testdoc

<dtml-var "doThis()"> // now context.getId() should return testdoc
<dtml-in "objectValues">
<dtml-var "doThat"> // now context.getId() should return the Id of each
child-object (or nothing, if its a doc)
</dtml-in>

container stands for the folder, the script is definied in.

I had simliar problems when calling methods from an instance of a product=
,
so I wrote a function
which gets the parent-object and checks if it's a folder. Finally it retu=
rns
the "nearest" folder.

Here's the code:
-------------------------------------
# gets the 'nearest' folder
def get_nearest_folder(object):
  parent =3D object.getParentNode()
  if(parent.meta_type !=3D 'Folder'): parent =3D get_nearest_folder(paren=
t)
  return parent

return get_nearest_folder(context)

Hope that helps!