[Zope] Zope/PostgreSQL/PoPy

Jim Penny jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:30:48 -0400

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 09:46:01PM +0200, Antonio Jes?S Carrasco Garc?A wrote:
> Russell Hires wrote:
>

> > I told you all of that so I could tell you this: I think this might be the
> > same error: something may be wrong at the db level, and not with zope or
> the
> > adapter. Of course, I have no idea what it could be, and I've checked a
> > number of PostgreSQL docs to find out what could be the problem with
> "string"
> > but nothing yet. I tried the "nb" type as well, and no go. I haven't done
> too
> > much with the numeric types yet...maybe I'll test those to make sure they
> all
> > work. But float does!

Antonio:

Which PoPy, which ZPoPyDA?

I can assure you that there are no such problems prior to 2.0.5,
and I really suspect that there are no such problems in 2.0.7,
although I don't have a machine at hand that I can safely test it
on.  (I will be able to test tonight).

I suspect that the lack of response you are getting is because it
is SO outside the experience of everyone else that no-one has the
least clue of what is happening to you.

Russell:  are you also saying that you can now connect to your
database and that ZSQL methods containing references to
type=string are failing?

Jim Penny