[Zope] Zope/PostgreSQL/PoPy

Matt Hand matt@bitflip.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:55:31 -0500

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 04:30:48PM -0400, Jim Penny wrote:

> Antonio:
>
> Which PoPy, which ZPoPyDA?
>
> I can assure you that there are no such problems prior to 2.0.5,
> and I really suspect that there are no such problems in 2.0.7,
> although I don't have a machine at hand that I can safely test it
> on.  (I will be able to test tonight).
>
> I suspect that the lack of response you are getting is because it
> is SO outside the experience of everyone else that no-one has the
> least clue of what is happening to you.
>
> Russell:  are you also saying that you can now connect to your
> database and that ZSQL methods containing references to
> type=string are failing?

Jim,

  Since I started this line of inquiry, I suppose I'd better step up.

  I have no problems accessing a PostgreSQL database with ZPoPyDA
2.0.7, Zope 2.4.0, and PostgreSQL 7.1.2  except when I try to
INSERT values. Using the <dtml-sqlvar> tag requires a 'type' and
when I set the type to 'string' it chokes with a name error:

Error, exceptions.NameError: global name 'string' is not defined

  I have no better luck when using type="nb". However, I have no
difficulty using PoPy within python scripts outside of Zope.

  Any light you can shed on the situation would be great.

Thanks,
Matt
matt@bitflip.com